Student Search Guide- HIS 402
This is what we covered in the online library class
- Basic search box, but we prefer advanced
- Search keywords on topic (class example: albert Einstein, exile, germany)
- Results are books and articles
- Show up right away, when you click the title
- Ctrl-F (cmd for macs) to find a keyword within the text
- Scroll down and see the reference list.
- Can check titles in the list, and search in catalog to see if we have it or click on “LIBRARIES WORLDWIDE”and you can ILL- just know it takes a long time!
- This is ref-mining. Always search the references!
- pdf popup, download, cite this are page options
- > Can search withing by the box on the front page
- > and search for keyword, ctrl-F
- Basic or advanced search- I like advanced
- Use your search terms: use at least three. Add a term-box
- Modify your search
- Can download, cite, or export
- export as .RIS or copy paste citation into a bib manager or Word
Setting up Interlibrary Loan
Login or set up new account.
Do this first, then start your searching, so if you find something, it auto-populates the fields.>submit
Or Manually enter a title.
Can see status of your items within ILL screen.
A-Z Database list: W
Manually enter keywords
Limit language, type, library
Results display will show- click title
- Libraries worldwide that own it
- The table of contents
- A link to ILL if needed