Check Your Voter Registration Status
You may register to vote in Massachusetts if:
- You are a citizen of the United States; and
- You will be at least 18 years of age on or before the next election; and
- You are a resident of Massachusetts; and
- You are not currently incarcerated by reason of a felony conviction.
As an Assumption student, you need to be aware of the following guidelines:
- You can vote in only one state and one city/town.
- You may register to vote in Massachusetts using your college address here at Assumption; or
- You may register to vote in your home state at your permanent address (whether it’s Massachusetts or another state);
- If you register using your permanent address, and it is too far away to vote in person, you can request an absentee ballot at least 30 days before an election. Please contact your hometown city or town clerk’s office to find out the deadline for absentee ballot requests.
If you meet the above requirements, you may register to vote online, by mail, or in-person.
This information, and other details, can be found on the Portal under Campus Life --> Student Activities --> Voter Registration
Prefer to Register by Mail?
We also have printed copies of the Massachusetts voter registration form at the Library front desk.